Sunday, February 15, 2009

Behold the Lamb ...of Crock


I loves me some lamb. Here is a new recipe that I'm trying out in the crock for tonight's dinner. I put it on to cook at 10:30 this morning. Should be yummy.

UPDATE: We really liked this! Josh wasn't a fan of it but Heather and I really enjoyed it. It's going to be a keeper. Lamb is pricey in our area so we won't fix it often but it will be a nice treat from time to time. Very good with just a nice amount of heat. Really good with salad too.











Jamaican Curried Lamb

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp. cooking oil

  • 1 1/2 lb. boneless lamb, cut in 1 inch cubes

  • 2 lg. onions, peeled and finely sliced

  • 2 tsp. allspice (ground)

  • 1 1/2 cup stock or bouillon

  • 1 tbsp. wine or cider vinegar

  • 1 tsp. curry powder (or more)

  • Salt to taste

  • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

  • 1 whole habanero pepper, cut top off and discard seeds



Preparation:

Sear lamb cubes in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Remove lamb; cook onion in oil until soft but not brown.
Transfer to the Crock Pot; add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. I got a late start on mine. I cooked it on high for 2 hours, then on low for like 4-5 more. Turned out great still.
Discard habanero before serving.

Serves 4.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awesome taste and, since this was the first time I'd ever had lamb, a memorable experience. Thank you, Rob.