Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Seize the Blog!

Its been awhile since I've "really" blogged and there is a LOT to tell.  I suppose I needed a breather.  Life often shifts our priorities for us and for awhile, ye old personal blog needed to take a back seat to other things.  The urge to write kinda dwindled in light of life's pressure.

Recently though I tried my hand at writing again and found that mucho-much of the stress I'd been feeling was released as fingers crafted words of virtual ink and letters flowed onto the screen.  Good times that.

So what in the world has been going on with me?  Rots and rots raggy! - Scooby Doo

I'll give you the bullet-point list of things I'll be writing about over the next few weeks/months.
  • Primal eating ( many of you know I was already doing this but it's hit a new high; more on that later)
  • Hit the 55lbs weight loss mark.  More to go before I'm completely done but I feel SO much better.
  • We went "poo-less" at home.  Nope, not crossing our legs or sitting down hard on our chairs.  We gave up shampoo by finding something better.
  • CSA - we joined a local CSA and should start getting fresh produce from now till Summer's End.
  • Speaking of veggies, we can never really get enough and so enter ... Juice Plus.  One reason Izzy is with us now, we believe, is due to this.
  • Clutter.  We are waging war and winning against this.  New thinking and unified mom/dad front it really making  a difference.
  • New job.  I found a new place to work, much closer to home, cutting my commute in half.
  • Marketing job.  Yes I'm still working with the company Visalus and that's taking on a whole new life this year.  More on this later too.
  • Design work.  I've officially started freelancing as a graphic designer.  I have a website and everything.  Soon to be announced.
  • Josh is driving.  Nuff said there :)
  • Izzy is 1 and 1/2 years old.  I'm going to design her a t-shirt saying, "This one goes to 11."
  • Storm our puppy is officially grown.  She turned 3 years old.
  • And I've learned many tech tips over this long hiatus - much to share with you all I do have.
  • More and more I'm sure as I think of it.  I always miss something when I just brainstorm a list like this :)
There you have it.  That's what has happened with me and what's coming up here on Horton Hollow.

Carpe Blogum!  I'm writing again!  :)

No comments: