Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Do you hear what I hear?

It's coming closer.

Colder weather ... sweaters and sweatshirts ... the Holidays ... and my favorite .. snow :)  I just love this time of year.  At September's close (geez that sounds like a cheap-romance, book title), the door just seems to open to childhood again. 

For some, they feel that way about Spring or Summer.  But Fall and Winter are my emotional home.  When other folks get down in the dumps by what they refer to as the dreariness, I become energized.  Does that make me strange?  (No Rob, that's not why you're strange) .. ahem, I heard that.

So I just wanted to wave hello to my favorite time of year.  You're not quite visible yet, but if I listen close, I can hear your distant footsteps crunching down the gravel pathway, edging too-slowly closer.

Welcome back.

No comments: