Sunday, December 28, 2008

Blades of Glory

Ok I'm watching this movie as I blog and I love it. This is definitely my brand of "check your brain at the door" humor. I've heard lots of people say that they hate this movie but I submit to you that they just don't "get it".

Will Ferrell is a very funny guy and John Heder (of Napoleon Dynamite fame) working alongside him is also very good. Coupled with the fact that these two are playing men's figure skaters who get banned from the sport, then find a loophole so they can skate in the pairs competition; just adds a level of awkwardness that makes this laugh out loud funny.

My first big laugh was at their names though. Chas Michael Michaels and Jimmy MacElroy ... just perfectly funny :) Its especially funny when you hear the announcer call out their names during competition.

Okay scratch that, my FIRST big laugh was when Will Ferrell's character was introduced as "an ice devouring sex tornado", hahahaha!

There are already several parts in the movie where I'm laughing so hard I missed the next minute or so. The most recent is this. Will Ferrell is explaining his hair care techniques to John Heder and is bragging on this unbelieveably expensive brush he has, right? And he says, "I couldn't love a human baby as much as I love this brush."

I'm a big Will Ferrell fan and I guess today maybe I need an extra laugh or was just in the mood for this style of humor. But so far I'm loving Blades of Glory. I do maintain that Anchorman and Talladehga Nights are my favorite Ferrell flicks though but this is going to be number three at worst.

No comments: