Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to all


First off, Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there!

Today, for many of us lucky enough to wear the title "Dad" is a very cool day. Enjoy yourself today Dads and enjoy the blessing (and the best gift) that your family is to you.

This morning I was shocked to consciousness after staying up too late awakened by the Greatest Family in the World, promptly at 9am. I'm only teasing, I certainly didn't mind them waking me. Sunday is my day to sleep in and it worked out extra cool with today being Father's Day.

There was my wife and son with breakfast in bed for me. They used my favorite plates of all time, the cafeteria-style lunch trays from back in school. I demanded we buy these talked our family into trying these years ago. I still maintain they are the most perfect plate ever created by mankind.

Ahem. Where was I? Did I black out? Oh. Yeah. Father's Day breakfast.

They had fixed me eggs, toast, sausage and milk. And God bless them they brought an itinerary for the day. These folks know me. And so I present to you our Father's Day plans for today.

Thanks family - I love you guys!

9:20 Breakfast
9:30 Gifts
10:00-1:30 Free time/nap time
1:30 Lunch (Cheeseburgers, fries, choc chip cookies = heaven)
2:00-3:45 Free time
3:50 Head to Theater to see Land of the Lost
6:00 Dinner at Applebee's
7:30-? Free Time

For one of the things they gave me was a custom t-shirt, complete with Josh-drawings and he'd even put Isabella's name on one sleeve and his on the other. Nice touch Thing One! You rock!

1 comment:

Cheryl Peters said...

Have a blast today, Rob! Happy Father's Day!