Monday, June 1, 2009

It's my 100th Birthday!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. " - Bilbo Baggins

I'd love to follow the crowd, celebrating 100 submissions in some grand fashion but over the weekend, I remembered something. Following the crowd really isn't my style. Don't get me wrong, I'm not running down those that get all up in arms about their 100th post. Huzzah to them I say!

Instead, for my 100th post I'd like to thank those that come by here, either frequently or not, to read my digital scrawls. Oh sure, I know some of you in real life, and some of you I don't. That thought alone inspired my Bilbo quote and therein lies a peek into how these postings are constructed each time. Each one begins as pretty much just a collection of random thoughts that force their way into Notepad ++ forcing me to rearrange them later into a loosely cohesive collection of logic. I try to make it believable in it's order. Then I press Submit. Its how I roll, or in this case, how I blog.

So thank you for putting up with me for 100 times of pushing the button. I guess I'll stick around and keep doing this though at times I feel like the Mad Hatter, raising questions and chattering on about things to which I myself have no answers.

Bravo to you brave souls who come here, looking for whatever it is that I provide! And I hope I can keep providing it! And I hope you remain just tilted enough to keep coming back to read my ramblings, penned here deep in the catacombs of Castle Horton, nestled safely in Horton Hollow.

P.S. - I *do* have a story to share here as promised. Perhaps I'll post that later tonight but I wanted to say my official thank you's first.

1 comment:

Cheryl Peters said...

It's very generous of you to take the time to thank your blog
readers. And now let me thank you for always providing me with at least one chuckle and usually more.

For those of us who like to chatter on and on in our blogs, life has been good since we created our own.

I appreciate you equally for reading mine and I look forward to many more chuckles and occasional moans as I poke my head in here.

Happy 100th, old young man.