Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Never forget the 80's ... OR ... Always Something There To Remind Me

A friend of mine and me are pretty big into 80's music.

Sometimes ... just sometimes mind you ... we exchange little zingers back and forth with each other using lines from 80's songs or song titles.  Here is a recent back and forth.  These always make me laugh and they are the kinds of things that make a boring day go a little faster ... plus it's a blog post just waiting to happen :)

From: Rob  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:15 PM
I’m not sure if you’re aware or not but I just heard on my iPod that “the heart of rock n’ roll is still beatin’”


From: Friend  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:24 PM
NICE.
Maybe next you can be "hungry like the wolf"?


From: Rob  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:28 PM
I can’t stop to eat.
I’m too busy "shootin at the walls of heartache".


From: Friend  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:30 PM
Do you have good aim with those "Bette Davis Eyes"?


From: Rob  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:37 PM
I do.   Great eyesight, but I’m a little sad cause I’ve had a "Total Eclipse of the Heart"


From: Friend  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:02 PM
Oh man im sorry to hear your sad, why don’t you call your friends and go out?
I heard, "Girls just wanna have fun".


From: Rob  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:06 PM
That sounds like a great idea!
Now if we just had a "Little Red Corvette" …


From: Friend  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:24 PM
If only we did,
Take it "straight to funkytown".


From: Rob  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:28 PM
Well dude I gotta run home but
"Don’t You Forget About Me"  ….


From: Friend  Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:36 PM
Ah crap, I think I missed you before you left. Next time "Wake me up before you Go Go"

Ah I miss the 80's dear readers.

2 comments:

Cheryl Peters said...

How fun is that!! I'm not surprised that you'd find loads of fun in this creative, clever and entertaining pasttime.

Anonymous said...

nice, now I have MORE than one song stuck in my head...lol
~Cat