Friday, January 16, 2009

A dangerous time

Okay I can't stop talking about my weight loss resolution. This blog helps me apparently so I'm sorry you all must endure another post this after the last one. A "real" Friday post is coming later today I promise but for now, I need to get this out.

Well its official.

It's time for these pants to travel; to Good Will or something. The jeans I've been wearing no longer fit. But this is a good thing because now they are too big for me. I won't cry to see them on their out my door. And I hope I never need them again.

The weight loss is still going really well. I do so miss my lovely carbs but I miss my larger waist far less. To put it in Bilbo's terms and using his famous phrase for my own needs: "I don't know half of me half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of me half as well as it deserves."

I sure like Bilbo.

And so, I have tightened the belt another notch today which means that's two of them so far that I'd lost ground with but it is has now been reclaimed. And it feels really nice.

But weight loss at this stage is much like the following conversation between Obi-Wan and Luke on Dagobah ...
Luke: I feel the Force!
Obi-Wan: But you cannot control it. This is a dangerous time for you, when you will be tempted by the Dark Side of the Force.

With weight loss, once I start having really good success and the compliments start rolling in; I'm very tempted to ease up. It's happened before. I've had my own "failure at the cave" just like Luke did, giving in to emotion. In those times, its always ultimately ended with me finding again, the weight that was lost while at the same time discovering more to ride with me.

I intend for that not to happen this time. I have different motivations now that run deeper than ever before so perhaps this time, the anchor will hold.

Here's hoping.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yay for you! Im very happy for you! I know you have worked hard to resist the evil lord carbo....